Little House on the Prairie – 2015

      No Comments on Little House on the Prairie – 2015

01_porchdeck

Here’s the update on the house remuddle for 2015. The most visible change was getting the South porch deck installed.

Status Report

As I’ve done with each annual report, here’s an overview of the work done so far:

Done:

  • Bored a new 50′ well
  • Replaced about 1/3 of the foundation
  • Rebuilt numerous structural areas
  • Rewired the whole house
  • Redid all of the plumbing
  • Replaced all flooring downstairs with new sub and finish flooring/carpet
  • Reshingled the roof
  • Installed new furnace with A-coil for future A/C installation
  • Laundry / Mud Room
  • Downstairs Full Bathroom
  • Downstairs Guest Bedroom
  • Music Room
  • Living Room & Staircase
  • Upstairs Hallway
  • Upstairs Full Bathroom
  • Kitchen
  • Boys Bedroom
  • Dining Room
  • Built wraparound porch roof on south of house
  • Replaced mudroom entry and storm doors
  • Resided the house
  • Painted trim and eaves
  • Painted about half the siding
  • Had new gutters installed
  • Installed South porch decking
  • New concrete walkway to machine shed

Still left to do:

  • Dining room cabinets
  • Remodel the remaining three bedrooms upstairs
  • Remodel the sunporch
  • Install air conditioning
  • Insulate and convert attic to playroom
  • Pave the driveway

02_electricpanel

Our original electric panel was falling over due to rotted posts and our original transformer was sinking into the ground at a crazy angle, so I called Ameren and had them come out to fix the transformer while I reset the panel. We ended up getting a brand-new transformer, and while they had power shut down, I pulled my boxes off the old panel and installed my new panel (prebuilt the day before).

03_diningroommirror

We found a nice mirror at Goodwill for the dining room that set us back a whole $15.00!

04_mailbox

Beth took it upon herself to sand and repaint our large rural-size mailbox (purchase used from the Toulon Library after they moved locations), and did a very nice job! I made new vinyl decals with our logo and address.

05_musicroomwallpaper

The wallpaper in the Music Room had been peeling back along the seams, so a bottle of Strong Wallpaper Glue was employed along with painter’s tape to stick it all back down again.

06_musicroomphotos

We took advantage of having had to move all the furniture around to reorganize the room. We also finally got around to framing more than a dozen photographs and hung those around the house.

Not pictured, but we also got about half the siding and all the exterior trim painted – only the upper floor siding is left to do.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *