It’s been a year or so since I last worked on Beth’s kitchen work island (it’s okay, I have a good excuse for the delay). Finally managed to spend a couple hours in the shop tonight, first cleaning up from all the other barn rebuild projects, then cutting and installing the dividers in each end of the cabinet.
Here’s the annual update on our 1918 Four Square farmhouse remuddling project. When we last left our story, the house had been wrapped, with the next step being the installation of trim around doors, windows and the eaves.
Archived on the old site are annual recaps of the work we’ve done remuddling our semi-four square farmhouse. I never seem to have gotten around to documenting 2012, so here it is.
Our big house project for this year was finally getting new trim and siding up. The wind storm and other significant events this year pushed starting that work back and back, but we finally did get going, finishing the main part of the work up in late November.
Here’s the start of a kitchen work island I’m building for Beth. She sketched out what she wanted and I turned that into dimensioned plans. It’s going to be really close to a Chinese Puzzle when I’m done.
One more small step toward finally having the Dining Room complete!